January 12, 2016 by Betty
Thank you to Pooled Ink for nominating me! I’ve been a part of the book blogging community for only about a month and I am so honored to be worthy of consideration. Everyone is so nice and friendly!
- Create a post to accept your award
- Add the blog award button into your post (just save the picture to your computer and upload it) and put it on the side of your blog as a widget
- Answer the questions we have below
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think deserve this award
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees
Pooled Ink’s Questions:
1. What genre do you tend to prefer and why?
Fantasy without a doubt, although YA fiction and sci-fi are a very close second. As for why, mainly because I am fascinated by the mythical and magical. It is truly an escape from everything I have to deal or live with on a day to day basis. Mythical beasts or people with superhuman powers are something I love to imagine and getting lost in a world like that is a wonderful experience.
2. Which book character is your favorite hero/heroine? Which is your favorite villain? Oh, and why?
This is so tough. I don’t even have a favorite book! Ehhh…favorite heroine is probably Celaena Sardothien. Mainly because despite all the horrible things she has had to live through, she still cares so deeply for her friends and even people she doesn’t know personally. She tries to not care, but it is something so deeply ingrained that she can’t help herself. (Not to mention she is fae and has freaking awesome fire powers!)
Favorite villain….can’t say I have one. Maybe Victor from Vicious by V.E. Schwab. The things he does are all for revenge and he uses people to his own advantage, while trying to pretend they are just a means to an end. Even so, you can tell that he wants to protect those he considers “his”.
3. What book most surprised you and your expectations?
Six of Crows. I loved Bardugo’s Grisha trilogy and I figured Six of Crows was going to be good, but it just blew me out of the water. It was so amazing!
4. If you could cast a book-to-film adaptation then which book and who would you choose?
Haven’t really ever thought of it.
5. Why is it you love to read?
I don’t even know. Reading let’s me unwind and relax. I get so involved in the story that it makes me laugh, cry, shout, cheer, and just lose myself in a different world. It allows my imagination to have free reign.
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
- Yes. Book covers tend to be what catch my attention first.
- Do you like to use bookmarks? If no, how do you keep track of where you left off in a book?
- I didn’t for the longest time. I would either write the page number on my hand or just repeat it a few times to memorize the page number.
- Favorite author and why?
- **Nervous laughter** Can not choose just one. Mainly fantasy authors like Anne Bishop, Sarah J Maas, Ilona Andrews, Maria V. Snyder, and Victoria Schwab because fantasy is my one true love.
- Who is the funniest character you ever read?
- First that comes to mind is Carswell Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles. OMG, does he make me laugh!
- Longest time you’ve spent reading nonstop?
- I think it was about 10 hours straight.